Wednesday, December 30, 2015

My Temporary Life by Martin Crosbie

Summary
Malcolm Wilson learns that everything is always temporary. Growing up, he's raised by a promiscuous mother who can't stay out of trouble, his best friend is a thirteen-year-old alcoholic, and the masters at his tough Scottish school are always raising their canes in his direction.

When he becomes an adult, he escapes, and chooses the safe route, watching the world from a distance.

Everything changes the day he meets the beautiful, alluring, green-eyed Heather, and when he learns of Heather's own abusive childhood and the horrific secret she's been carrying, Malcolm decides to help her.
And, this time he's not backing down, whatever the cost.




Reactions
It was a recommandation from a friend of mine, so I was curious about what kind of story has attracted him, as well as knowing more about the plot based on the promising summary.

To be honest, I wasn't able to finish it. Got stuck on the middle for a long time and wasn't able to pick this story up again.

Nothing wrong with the style, it's well written. I was even pretty much into Malcom's adventures wanting to know about about his past.
But then, he has grown up and met a girl... It was the whole point. Discovering how the relationship will evolve. Strangely, it's exactly when the author has lost me.

I wanted to know more about the boy Malcom was, like some pieces where not adding up in my reader's brain to be able to enjoy something else. Hasn't fallen under the girl spell and it was becoming harder and harder to turn the pages.

Thought i will need some time since I don't like to close a book before the end. But it has been six months, so i now i will not go back to it any time soon.

If I do so, i will add a new review. If not, I hope you will have a better experience with the plot and the characters cause there is something attractive and interesting in the author writing.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing valuable information. Nice post. I enjoyed reading this post.
    assignment provider

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive