Friday, September 20, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday #167



Question of the week...
What were some of your favorite picture books as a kid?

If you have kids, what are your favorites to read to them?


When I was a child, I remember be immersed in the adventures of Martine. A 10 years old little girl who discovered life with her friends, her two brothers and her dog Patapouf and her cat.



Since this series was created in 1954 and continued until 2010, many children have grown up with Martine's adventures. It has been translated into many languages. In recent years, parody of the title have been created for adults on the internet.

Otherwise, I remember that my parents read to me "La Fontaine's Fables". 

So I grew up with "The Ant and the Grasshopper", "The Oak and the Reed" or "The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse".


Since I don't have kids myself, last time I've read a story for a child was for Christmas a few years ago. It was "Santa Claus"... 
It was to make a diversion before putting all the gifts under the tree...



What about you ?

Blog Hop...How does this work?
First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools — keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them “hi” in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image).

You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you! What sets this Hop apart from others, is our Feature. Each week we will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Who is our Feature today?

Find out below. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow our Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee's View Alison Can Read) as a courtesy. How do you follow someone? Well, if you have a preference, state it in your #FF post. A lot of blogs are transitioning to WordPress in which they do not have the luxury of GFC, so an RSS subscription is appreciated or if you choose an email subscription. If you don’t have GFC please state in your post how you would like to be followed.

17 comments:

  1. As I was about to answer this week's question, The Ant and the Grasshopper came to my mind too!

    Night of Snow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the Martine series, but I remember all those old fables! Thanks for stopping by my FFF. I'm now following via Bloglovin'.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "La Fontaine's Fables" are perennially fashionable!

      Delete
  3. Hello Lucie! The Martine books look really cute. Reading a story as a distraction while the gifts are placed under the tree is a good idea, I may do that next Christmas Eve.


    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I could have totally used Martine as well today, but only for my girls, the boys don't appreciate her the same way. But all of them enjoy Max et Lili :)

    Thanks for stopping by earlier. Bon weekend!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lexxie,
      I will definitely check Max et Lili! You got me curious...

      Delete
  5. Sometimes those fables are the best things for the kids to read :)

    Thanks for stopping by my FF

    Kris @ Books, Movies and Me-Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Kristen!
      You can explain the moral of the tale and open a discussion with your child.

      Delete
  6. Not familiar with these books but it sounds cool!

    I had my kid while I was still in college so I remember I would read my lit assignments to him. Two birds with one stone. It paid off, he's knows his myths :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! When I will have mine, I guess my throat will get sore for reading him too much stories!

      Delete
  7. A very different diverse list you have.I haven't seen these books on anyone's lists yet :)

    New follower via blog lovin/old one via gfc!

    Guinevere & Libertad @ TwinjabookReviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard of the Town Mouse and Country Mouse, but none of the others! :) They look cute though. Thanks for stopping by my FF, I'm following back!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive