- Dark Fantasy
- YA Paranormal
- Young Adult
- Non Fiction
- Blog Tour/Cover Reveal
- Author interviews
Saturday, December 17, 2016
Shadows of the Forest by Emma Michaels
Everyone is dying to live in the Shadows of the Forest.
They gave me three rules to follow in exchange for my brother’s life:
1. Do not enter the West Wing;
2. Do not go outside after darkness falls; and
3. There is only one exit; The Gates.
This is what happened when I broke them…
The cover was attractive. The plot intriguing.
As I have into heavy read, I said "bingo" that will do a great change and a nice entertaintment. Sigh!
Not at all.
In the middle of the story I was still trying to understand why the heroine was beating herself so much. She plays the victime from the start and it gets annoying. She repeats the same words as if they were mantras to beat herself up. It's nice to have flaws, to express raw emotions but to have a character depressing in a quest. It's difficult.
No way to like her or to connect.
End up not finishing the book.
Too bad cause it was promising.
*Arc provided by Netgalley.
I received this book in exchange of a fair and honest review.
Posted by Lucie at 5:00 AM
- Branding + Interior Design by Kim Kuhteubl
- Colored Pencil Painting Portraits Alyona Nickelsen...
- Shadows of the Forest by Emma Michaels
- Interconnected by Ogyen Trinley Dorje Karmapa
- The Impossible Fortress by Jason Rekulak
- One More Kiss by Samantha Chase
- Discover Your Master Chakra by Stephanie Larsen
- A Honeyed Light by Freddie Milano
- Living Well on the Road by Linden Schaffer
- ▼ December (9)
- ► 2015 (88)
- ► 2014 (74)
- ► 2013 (269)
- ► 2012 (167)