Sunday, April 7, 2013

WALKING DISASTER BY JAMIE MCGUIRE


BEAUTIFUL VOL 2 

Synopsis 
Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Can you love someone too much? 
Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder. 

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees. 

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.

Reactions 
I loved Abby and Travis in "Beautiful Disaster".
The story was intense, puzzling, and sometimes a little violent but wonderfully hard to forget. 
It is true that I fell in love with Travis ? Hell yes! who can resist a tattooed bad boy... 

In announcing a sequel, written from his point of view was out, I was super excited. Imagine, the tons of questions that assailed me while reading the first volume will find some answers: Yippee! 
I will be able to understand Travis's slutty strange reactions. 
I also admit that the idea of ​​having the same story told by two different views whetted my curiosity. So I had high expectations for "Walking Disaster".

First, I must say that the prologue and epilogue are incredible. Just for them, the book was good! 
At the begining, unknown details about Travis childhood are revealed. Its prompts the reader to turn the pages. Then, the longing to plunge again into this love story was enough to plaster a huge smile on my face.  But then, I was a little disappointed...

Through Abby's point of view, the story had more depth and intensity. Perhaps it was only due to the novelty... But Travis had seemed to be a charming, arrogant asshole, unpredictable and impulsive which nobody could not resist. 
There, the young man is full of insecurities and is whining a lot. Attention, it remains Travis Maddox but a much more fragile one. 

I expected to know what prompted him to make a threesome and mess up everything with Abby, while she was staying at his appartment, and was disappointed to learn that he had a hangover... 
No memories of his evening... What? 
The scene that broke my heart and the guy was too drunk to remember his shit??? Grrrr! 

This is the moment I realized that I wanted to understand and analyze Travis's reactions through a girl's perception. I wanted a more cerebral explanation while the author had touched rightly by presenting a charcater immature and impulsive. 
In short, normal reactions and behaviours of a boy his age. 

Where I truly remained hooked is the epilogue. Here was what I wanted to know from the start! I wanted to know what happened after the happily ever after, the unknown future. 
Jamie McGuire is very brillant. 
Now, I dream whether she will continue her story by telling us what has happened during the eleven years or rather what will occur after Abby's decision about her father? 

There is a huge potential for a thriller, or other darker stories with these two characters. Hope there will be a volume 3! 

Anyway, I loved my reading, despite the small disappointment because they were coming from my expectations and not necesserely from the novel. Thanks to Jamie McGuire, I've spend a good time with her characters! 


Sentences 

From Travis: "I hated it when he was like this. Unicorns and butterflies flying out of his ass and hearts floating in the air." 
From Travis: "The day you appeared on our family tree, I wanted to cut it down." 
From Shepley: "Your cooking is why I decided to ignore the fact that you're fucking nuts and move in with you." 

From Travis: "How much I needed her terrified me. I couldn't imagine love was like this for everyone, or men would all be walking around like lunatics the second they were old enough to notice girls."  
From Travis: "I didn't know what alone was until the first night I spent without you in my bed." 

From Travis: "If you don't back away from my girl, I'll rip out your fucking throat. Right here on the dance floor." 


WALKING DISASTER BY JAMIE MCGUIRE 
BEAUTIFUL VOL 2 

Traduction du synopsis
Enfin, la très attendue suite du best-seller listé par le New York Times: Beautiful Disaster. 
Pouvez-vous aimer quelqu'un trop fort ? 

Travis Maddox a appris deux choses de sa mère avant qu'elle ne meurt: Aime de tout ton coeur, bats-toi encore plus fort. 

Dans "Walking Disaster", la vie de Travis est pleine de femmes faciles, de paris souterrains et de violence. Mais juste au moment où il pense être invincible, Abby Abernathy le fait tomber à genoux. 

Chaque histoire a deux aspects. Dans "Beautiful Disaster", Abby avait son mot à dire. Maintenant, il est temps de voir l'histoire à travers les yeux de Travis.

Impressions 
J'avais adoré Abby et Travis dans "Beautiful Disaster".
L'histoire était intense, déroutante et parfois un peu violente. 
C'est vrai que j'étais tombée sous le charme de Travis. Et oui, les bad boys tatoués, ça me fait toujours de l'effet... 

A l'annonce qu'une suite écrite de son point de vue allait sortir, j'étais super excitée. Durant le premier volume, des tonnes de questions m'avaient assaillies sur les réactions du jeune homme. Du coup, je pensais enfin avoir les réponses. 
J'avoue aussi que l'idée d'avoir une même histoire racontée par deux regards différents a aiguisé ma curiosité. 

J'avais donc beaucoup d'attentes pour "Walking Disaster".
D'abord, je dois dire que le prologue et l'épilogue sont incroyables.
Au démarrage, d'avoir des détails inconnus sur l'enfance de Travis le ton et pousse le lecteur à tourner les pages. 
Ensuite, la nostalgie de se replonger dans cette histoire d'amour a suffit à me donner le sourire. Seulement voilà, j'ai été un peu déçue...

Ainsi au travers d'Abby, l'histoire avait plus de profondeur et d'intensité. Peut-être était-ce dû à la nouveauté de la découverte. Travis paraissait être un charmant, arrogant connard, imprévisible et impulsif auquel on ne pouvait pas résister. 
Là, le jeune homme apparaît plein d'insécurités et pleurnichard. Attention, il reste Travis Maddox mais une version beaucoup plus fragile. 

Je m'attendais à savoir ce qui l'avait poussé à faire un ménage à trois et j'ai été déçue de savoir qu'il avait juste la gueule de bois et n'en avait plus de souvenirs...Quoi ? 
La scène qui m'a brisé mon coeur et le mec était trop bourré pour s'en souvenir ??? 

C'est à ce moment de la lecture que je me suis rendue compte que je voulais connaître Travis en l'analysant comme une fille. Je voulais des explications plus cérébrales, alors que l'auteur avait touché juste en le présentant avec des réactions immatures et impulsives d'un garçon de son âge. 

Là, où je suis restée accrochée à mon roman, c'est pour l'épilogue. Je me suis dit: voilà, c'est ça que j'aurais voulu savoir depuis le début! 
J'aurais voulu connaître la suite du "ils vécurent heureux et eurent beaucoup d'enfants"... L'inconnu de leur avenir.

Et là où Jamie McGuire est brillante et très forte, c'est que maintenant je rêve de savoir si elle va continuer son histoire en nous contant les onze années de vie commune ou ce que la décision d'Abby, face à son père, va changer. Il y a un potentiel énorme pour un thriller ou d'autres histoires plus sombres avec ces deux personnages. J'espère vraiment qu'un tome 3 est en préparation...

Bref, j'ai adoré ma lecture, malgré les petites déceptions car elles venaient plus de mes anticipations que du roman. 
Jamie McGuire m'a encore fait passer un bon moment avec ses personnages!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive