Thursday, October 13, 2011

My recent books purchases...


Good evening everyone,
No review tonight because I have not finished all the books I started. Currently, I read four simultaneously, namely: "Fade" by Lisa McMann, "City of Fallen Angels" by Cassandra Clare, "Tiger's Quest" by Colleen Houck and "Angel" by L.A Weatherly.
And here are my recent purchases that I went to buy during lunch break:
They will be perfect for this cloudy and chilly looming weekend...

Bonsoir à tous,
Pas de post sur un roman termine, car je n'ai pas fini tous les livres que j'ai commencé. Actuellement, j’en lis quatre simultanément, à savoir: "Fade" par Lisa McMann, "City of Fallen Angels" par Cassandra Clare, «Tiger’s Quest» par Colleen Houck et «Angel» par L.A Weatherly.

Et voici mes derniers achats que je suis allé me procurer pendant la pause déjeuner. Ils seront parfaits pour le week-end nuageux et frileux qui se profile.



The Sense of an Ending
by Julian Barnes

I was attracted by the cover and black pages. As for "The End of Mr. Y" by Scarlett Thomas. I think it gives a lot of class to the book. In addition, to find the book in black, in hardcover, I cracked. I'm totally ender the spell...
The only downside before even reading it, I find it short. I like books of 300-400 pages and more lasting, lasting, lasting ...
A monitor to see if the plumage was as beautiful as the song!
«The Sense of an Ending»
de Julian Barnes

J’ai été attirée par la couverture et les pages noires. Comme pour «The End of Mr. Y» de Scarlett Thomas. Je trouve que cela donne énormément de classe au livre. En plus, en couverture rigide, j’ai craqué. Seul bémol avant même de le lire, je le trouve court. J’aime les livres de 300-400 pages et plus qui dure, qui dure, qui dure…
A suivre pour savoir si le plumage était aussi beau que le ramage !

"Clockwork Angel"
by Cassandra Clare

Having had a mixed start with "City of Bones," I fell in love soon after with the world created by Cassandra Clare. So naturally, I went through the other novels in the series "Mortal Instruments". Once it almost completed because I am in the midst of "City of Fallen Angels," I will address the greatest pleasure in my reading of the saga "The Infernal Devices"

"Clockwork Angel"
de Cassandra Clare

Après avoir eu un démarrage mitigé avec «City of Bones», je suis tombée sous le charme du monde crée par Cassandra Clare. C’est donc naturellement que j’ai continué les autres romans de la série «Cité des ténèbres». Une fois, cette dernière presque achevée car je suis au milieu de «City of Fallen Angels», je m’attaquerais avec le plus grand des plaisirs à la saga «The Infernal Devices»

"Night Circus"
by Erin Morgenstern

I also add this book to the list even if I bought it more than 15 days ago but I keep it as a treats for my trip to Barcelona.
I heard much praise about it and look forward to reading it. I just take a little pleasure ...

For the record, I loved the cover with the doll. Unfortunately upon arriving at the bookstore, I found that with the two characters. It made me think of the cover of "Fanfan" by Alexandre Jardin or the spaghetti scene in "The Lady and the Tramp." Although I found very pretty and romantic, I wanted the other one. So I walked half the city to fall on ... bet won! I love my book.

"Night Circus"
                         d'Erin Morgenstern

Je rajoute aussi ce livre à la liste même si je l’ai acheté il y a plus de 15 jours mais je le garde pour mon prochain voyage à Barcelone.
J’ai entendu beaucoup d’éloges à son sujet et j’ai hâte de le lire. Je fais juste durer un peu le plaisir…

Pour la petite histoire, j’ai adoré la couverture avec la poupée. Malheureusement en arrivant à la librairie, je n’ai trouvé que celle avec les deux personnages. Cela m’a fait penser à la couverture de «Fanfan» d’Alexandre Jardin ou la scène des spaghettis dans «La Belle et le Clochard». Même si je la trouve très jolie et romantique, je voulais l’autre. J’ai donc parcouru la moitié de la ville pour tomber dessus…Pari gagné ! J’adore mon livre.

3 comments:

  1. In many ways, I find Cassandra Clare's Infernal Devices much better. Thanks to new background we're introduced to.
    The Night Circus I really want to get myself but have so many books I want to buy this month.
    Maybe later:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiger's quest, est une série que j'aime beaucoup et j'attends avec impatience que le tout dernier volet sort en novembre ^^. Pour "the sense of an ending", je te comprend, la couverture est attirante et j'aurais craqué moi de même. Du coup j'ai envie de le lire, et Night circus, j'en avais entendu parler mais je vais devoir attendre encore un peu avant qu'il soit dispo à la bibliothèque.
    En tout cas je te souhaite une bonne lecture !

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive