Tuesday, October 11, 2011

WAKE BY LISA MCMANN


Synopsis
For seventeen-year-old Janie, getting sucked into other people's dreams is getting old. Especially the falling dreams, the naked-but-nobody-notices dreams, and the sex-crazed dreams. Janie's seen enough fantasy booty to last her a lifetime.
She can't tell anybody about what she does -- they'd never believe her, or worse, they'd think she's a freak. So Janie lives on the fringe, cursed with an ability she doesn't want and can't control.

Then she falls into a gruesome nightmare, one that chills her to the bone. For the first time, Janie is more than a witness to someone else's twisted psyche. She is a participant....

Summary:
Janie is able to enter the dreams and nightmares of the people who sleep around. This ability shows her things she does not want, fatigue and prevents her from leading a normal life. Until she enters those of Caleb. Witnessed atrocities and romance, then her life takes a different direction. Will she finally be able to trust someone?

Reactions:
A entertaining, charming and captivating story. From the first lines, the reader is immersed in the life of Janie who is able to enter the dreams and nightmares of her entourage. She feels the intimacy of the dreamers, their anxieties, their fears as well as their fantasies.

This plot made me smile...Imagine if this ability was given to someone you know ? Hou would you feel ?Raped ? Angry ? Our dreams are often inconsistent, whimsical or frightening, but nobody would disclose or share them. They are all our buried secrets that can only resurface at night. Some dreams described in this story made me remember mine. Because who has not imagined find themselves naked in public?

The second part of the novel is a blend of romance, as it explores the fragile and moving story between Jamie and Caleb, and scenes from the series "Medium" with Patricia Arquette. We start in a new direction with pobable tracks on the future that awaits Jamie later in the trilogy.
I had a great experience readng "Wake". This book kept me alert. I've even felt a little pinch in my heart. "Fade" will be naturally my next reading because I'm curious to find out and to follw the further adventures of Caleb and Jamie.

Sentences

From Caleb: “ Now. Tell me what else you’ ve seen in my dreams, before I get really paranoid.”

From Caleb: “ Dreams are not memories, Janie. They’ re hopes and fears. Indications of other life stresses. I thought you of all people would know the difference.” He walks out.


WAKE BY LISA MCMANN

Synopsis traduit de l'Américain:
Pour Janie, dix-sept ans, se faire aspirer dans les rêves des autres est devenue une vieille histoire. Surtout les rêves où les gens se sentent tomber, ceux ou les gens sont nus mais personne ne s'en rend compte ou bien les rêves de sexes endiablés. Janie a assez vu de fantasmes de cul pour toute sa vie.

Elle ne peut dire à personne ce qu'elle fait - ils ne l'a croirait jamais pire, ils penseraient qu'elle est un monstre. Donc Janie vit en marge des autres, maudite par un don dont elle ne veut pas et qu'elle ne peut contrôler.
Puis, elle tombe sur un cauchemar horrible, celui qui lui hérisse les poils. Pour la première fois, Janie est plus qu'un témoin des rêves dérangeants d'un inconnu. Elle en est une participante....

Résumé:
Janie possède le don d'entrer dans les rêves et les cauchemars des gens qui s'endorment autour d'elle. Cette aptitude lui montre des choses qu'elle ne veut pas voir, la fatigue et l'empêche de mener une vie normale. Jusqu'au jour ou elle pénètre dans ceux de Caleb. Témoin d'atrocités et de romance, sa vie prend alors une toute autre direction. Pourra-t-elle enfin faire confiance à quelqu'un ?

Impressions:
Une histoire distrayante, charmante et captivante. Dès les premières lignes, on plonge dans la vie de Janie qui pénètre dans le rêves et les cauchemars de son entourage. Du coup, elle découvre l'intimité des rêveurs, leurs angoisses, leurs peurs aussi bien que leurs fantasmes.
Cela m'a fait sourire car si cette capacité était donné à quelqu'un, on se sentirait tous violer. Nos rêves sont souvent incohérents, fantasques, fatiguants et/ou angoissants mais personne ne voudrait les divulguer. Ils sont autant de secrets que l'on enfouit et qui ressurgissent la nuit. Certains rêves sont relatés et ils m'ont fait souvenir. Car qui n'a pas imaginé se retrouver nu en public ?

La seconde partie du roman est un mélange de romance car on se penche sur l'histoire fragile et émouvante entre Caleb et Jamie et de scènes tirées de la série « Medium » avec Patricia Arquette. On part dans une nouvelle direction avec des pistes sur le futur qui attend probablement Jamie dans la suite de cette trilogie.
J'ai passé un moment très agréable qui m'a maintenu en alerte et même pincer un peu le coeur. « Fade » sera donc naturellement m'a prochaine lecture afin de connaître la suite des aventures de Caleb et Jamie.

8 comments:

  1. Read the whole series and my love for these books started in Wake. It is so cool and bad for Jennie.

    Enjoy Fade Lucie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..this is a very unique and interesting story! It goes in to my TBR pile! great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review! but did not feel for this book , sorry glad u liked it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm adding it to my to read list :)

    Trev @ trevsliteraryreview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome review, it has just been added to my TBR pile, thanks :)
    nataliej0209@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, me again lol, just wanted to invite you (if you want to) to come by and visit my at my blog, http://booksfromthepurplejellybeanchair.blogspot.com
    I have some giveaways going on I think you might be interested in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi everyone,
    Thanks for your encouragements. That means a lot to me !

    I went to read your differents posts but for roro and natalie, I wasn't able to leave a message. So here i go...

    For Roro:
    Your review of the "Sweet light" by Jen Wylie was great. The plot reminds me kind of a fantasy version of the "English Patient". Am I right ? Makes me want to read it...
    Thanks for the tips.

    For Natalie:
    You were right about the covers of "Paradox". There are beautiful! What about the story ? Do you recommand it ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi :) So glad you stopped by, thanks :)
    I would HIGHLY recommend Paradox by Patti Roberts, it is a fantastic book, its only 114 pages, now remember when you read it, read it slow and take in all the details, they will be important in the next book, it's a thinker book. I loved this book a lot and Patti the author has become a good friend of mine, she is not only a great author but a great person as well. She even used my name in her second book, I'm Wade's wife *giggles* I loved Wade's character in the story and because I did she used my name for his wife :) I was so honored she did that. You should really check out her site, I think she might have it on sale right now but I can't remember. Her link is on my site she is the first badge on my side bar.
    Nat

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive