Sunday, April 29, 2012

TEGAN'S RETURN BY L.H COSWAY


THE ULTIMATE POWER SERIES
BOOK 2

Synopsis
Tegan always knew that she couldn’t remain hidden forever, she left Tribane to escape the danger posed to her by the supernatural creatures who dwell there, but every day she has mourned the friends and family she had to leave behind. It’s been two years, but Tegan struggles on with the new lonely life she has built for herself. She might crave human companionship, but at least she’s still alive.

Unfortunately, all of her hard work in running away comes crashing down around her when a familiar face comes strolling into her new place of work one night. She considers leaving and starting over again, but this old acquaintance has a proposition for her, one that will see her returning to Tribane and fighting to rescue a little girl who has been kidnapped.


Tegan feels for the child, but her heart is also swelling at the idea of going home to see the people she has missed the most. Can she kill two birds with one stone? Finally she decides that she will return, but what she finds on her arrival is that her father has gone missing, not to mention there has been an almighty war between the two opposing sides of the city.

Throw into this her mixed emotions at seeing beautiful Ethan again, and there is a whole lot of confusion going on. Tegan finds herself playing the role of a spy, as she tries to find information as to the whereabouts of her father and the girl. Even though she is supposed to be pretending, she can’t help that she is falling for Ethan all over again, and if he discovers her true intentions for coming back then he might just hate her forever.


Summary
:
After being forced out of hiding by Finn, Tegan is back to Tribane to save a little girl who was kidnapped by vampires and find her missing father. With this return, she obliged herself to face her deepest fears, come out of her solitude and open her heart in a city in war where power struggles are raging and dangers everywhere. But above all can she meet with Ethan again and emerge unscathed?

Reactions:
Incredibly addictive!
Always more endearing characters which I had absolutely no desire to separate myself with at the end of my reading...
An adventure too short so much I loved it!

I must admit I've always been apprehensive to read the second volume of a story that I was absolutely thrilled with as it was the case in "
Tegan's Blood." I had discovered an imaginary universe well proportioned. There was a touch of supernatural, one of suspense, a magical one too and a sexy and sensual love story, all packaged in a black and realistic adventure. An explosive mixture which had left me quite shaken by the emotions that this book had awakened in me.

Because reading a good novel is one thing... Find a book that completely immerses you in a world where you do not tire of being, one where you would like the story to go on and on... This is much less common.


So when the author contacted me and asked me to read the sequel of Tegan's adventures, of course I was flattered ...
Also super excited to know what was going on between Ethan and Tegan and also to see Dru and Rita for which I had had a low in the first opus. Then, I also felt a terrible anxiety...
What if the result was not good?
What if I was super disappointed?
I had the pressure!

So friday evening I tried to forget a book that taunted me from the start and tried to remember myself that I had plenty of other stories to finish first. Then yesterday morning at breakfast, I succumbed to temptation...


From the first lines, I realized that I had freaked out for nothing. The style that I liked was there.
So I relaxed and like the heroin, I felt some chills anticipating my reunion with the other characters. But it is the feeling of familiarity that enveloped me like a warm shawl that surprised and pleased me the most. Places like the Crimson, Rita's home were making echoes in my imagination.
Ditto for the Gabriel's timidity, Rita's sharp tongue, Finn's teasing and playful humor or Ethan's sensual bewitching charm.


It was like meeting good friends again after a long time. As a reader, it's the feeling I cherish the most... 

As for Tegan even if she has changed, after two years spent away from Tribane, she is calmer, more mature. I liked the new force that inhabits her, as well as her daring side and her new James Bond girl's attitude and powers. So I succumbed again and in all sincerity to the charm of this story.


Obviously, LH Cosway holds some surprises in store for her readers: New villains who makes you shivers like in the "Underworld" series or "The Fearless Vampire Killers" by Polanski .

Some new faces are endearing and surprising as Wolf, Jennifer or annoying as Eliza. As for the plot, even if the story is populated by vampires, witches, dhampirs or spirits, there is always this darkness and this realism with references to World War II, racism from the North and South and the endless struggles for power.
Not to mention the attraction between Ethan and Tegan that becomes deeper and more complex than ever. Finally, a harrowing, intriguing and exciting cliffhanger that promises a lot of new adventures to come in the next book.

I was thrilled, excited and I honestly do not know how I will hold until next year to know what will happen while I devoured this tome in one day, forcing myself to take breaks to make my pleasure last a little longer. I stay super fan and I highly recommend
"THE ULTIMATE POWER SERIES."


Sentences

From Tegan: « I think the reason most artists only become famous after they die is because they are so irritating and full of it in real life. Nobody can stand their massive egos, so it's only after they're gone that we can properly appreciate the beauty of their work. »

From Tegan: «  Then his eyes flash to mine, and the moment seems to last for an eternity. »

From Tetan: « Funnily enough, his proximity has caused me to forget everything else around me, the sounds, the people, right in this moment there is only him. »

From Tegan: « I feel like a cold bitch for not being more emotional at our reunion, but I was never one to be very open with my feelings. Mostly I keep them locked deep inside, which I can tell you is not a healthy way to deal with things. »


From Gabriel: « I think Tegan's something of a Rubik's cube, you get all the squares lined up on one side only to find that the other sides are a mess. » 

From Ethan: « 'I want to watch you die in my bed,' his smooth voice tells me, promising me heaven. » 

From Tegan: « Because if I sleep with you I'll probably end up falling in love with you, and I don't want my heart broken again. »

From Ethan: « 'You know, ' he whispers, 'you submit rather sweetly when you're in my bed. It's surprising judging from the way you continually persist in challenging me everywhere else'. »


TEGAN'S RETURN BY L.H COSWAY 
THE ULTIMATE POWER SERIES
BOOK 2

Traduction du synopsis:
Tegan a toujours su qu'elle ne pourrait pas rester cachée pour toujours. Elle a quitté Tribane pour échapper au danger posé par les créatures surnaturelles qui y habitent là-bas mais chaque jour, elle a pleuré les amis et la famille qu'elle avait dû laisser derrière elle. Cela fait deux ans maintenant et Tegan se débat avec la nouvelle vie solitaire qu'elle s'est reconstruite. Elle est peut-être en manque de compagnie humaine, mais au moins elle est encore vivante.


Malheureusement, une nuit, tout son travail acharné pour rester caché vole en éclats quand un visage familier apparaît sur son nouveau lieu de travail. Elle considère s'enfuir à nouveau et tout recommencer, mais cette vieille connaissance a une proposition pour elle. Une proposition qui va la voir faire son retour à Tribane et se battre pour sauver une petite fille qui a été kidnappée. 

Tegan éprouve des sentiments pour l'enfant, mais son cœur bat aussi à l'idée de rentrer à la maison revoir les gens qui lui ont manqué le plus. Peut-être peut-elle faire d'une pierre deux coups ? Finalement, elle se décide à rentrer et ce qu'elle trouve à son arrivée, c'est que son père a disparu, sans mentionner qu'il y a eu une guerre extrêmement féroce entre les deux côtés opposés de la ville.

Résumé:
Après avoir été obligée de sortir de sa cachette par Finn, Tegan est de retour à Tribane pour sauver une petite fille qui a été kidnappée par des vampires et retrouver son père disparu. Son retour l'oblige à faire face à ses angoisses, à sortir de sa solitude et à ouvrir son cœur dans une ville où les guerres de pouvoir font rage et les dangers constants. Mais surtout pourra-t-elle faire face à Ethan et en sortir indemne ? 

Impressions:
Incroyablement prenant!
Des personnages toujours plus attachants dont je n'avais absolument aucune envie de me séparer...
Bref, une aventure trop courte tellement, j'ai adoré!

Je dois avouer que j'ai toujours une appréhension à lire le deuxième tome d'une histoire qui m'a absolument embarqué comme ce fût le cas dans « Tegan's Blood ».

J'avais découvert un univers imaginaire bien dosé. On avait du surnaturel, du suspense, de la magie et une histoire d'amour sexy et sensuelle, le tout emballé dans une aventure noire et réaliste.
Un mélange explosif qui m'avait laissé assez secoué par les émotions que ce livre avait réveillé en moi. 

Car lire un bon roman, c'est une chose. Trouver un livre qui vous immerge complètement dans un monde dont vous ne vous lassez pas pire, dont vous aimeriez que l'histoire continue encore et encore...C'est beaucoup moins courant.

Donc quand l'auteur m'a contacté pour me demander de lire la suite des aventures de Tegan, j'ai bien évidemment été flattée... Super excitée aussi de savoir ce qui allait se passer entre Ethan et Tegan mais aussi de revoir Dru et Rita pour lesquelles j'avais eu un faible dans le premier opus.
Puis, j'ai aussi ressenti une terrible angoisse...
Et si la suite n'était pas bonne ?
Et si j'étais super déçue ?
J'ai eu la pression!


Alors j'ai laissé passer la soirée avec un livre qui me narguait de le commencer immédiatement alors que j'avais plein d'autres histoires à finir. Puis hier matin, j'ai succombé à la tentation...

Dès les premières lignes, j'ai compris que j'avais flippé pour rien. Le style que j'avais apprécié était là. Alors je me suis détendue et comme l'héroïne j'ai éprouvé des frissons à anticiper mes retrouvailles avec les autres personnages.
Mais c'est le sentiment de familiarité qui m'a enveloppé chaleureusement comme un châle qui m'a surpris et conquis. Les lieux comme le Crimson, la maison de Rita faisaient échos dans mon imagination.
Idem pour la timidité de Gabriel, la franchise de la sorcière, l'humour taquin de Finn ou le charme sensuel en envoutant d'Ethan.

C'était comme de retrouver des amis perdus de vue dont j'avais plaisir à prendre des nouvelles. En tant que lecteur, c'est ce sentiment là que je trouve incroyable et qui me plait le plus...


Quant à Tegan, même si elle a changé après ces deux ans passé éloignée de Tribane, elle est plus sereine, plus mature. J'ai aimé la force nouvelle qui l'habite, son audace et son côté James Bond Girl avec des pouvoirs. J'ai donc succombé, à nouveau et en toute sincérité, au charme de l'histoire.

Bien évidemment, L.H Cosway a réservé des surprises à ses lecteurs. Des nouveaux méchants qui donnent des frissons avec des scènes dignes de « Underworld » ou du « Bal des vampires » de Polanski. Des nouvelles têtes attachantes et surprenantes comme Wolf, Jennifer ou agaçantes comme Eliza.

Du côté de l'intrigue même si l'histoire est peuplée de vampires, de sorcières, de dhampirs ou d'esprits, il reste toujours cette obscurité et ce réalisme avec des références à la seconde guerre mondiale, le racisme du Nord et du Sud et des luttes incessantes pour le pouvoir.


Sans oublier l'attraction entre Ethan et Tegan qui devient plus profonde et plus complexe que jamais. Pour finir, un dénouement déchirant, inquiétant et excitant qui promet un troisième tome plein de nouvelles aventures extraordinaires.

J'ai été ravie, emballée et honnêtement, je ne sais pas comment je vais tenir jusqu'à l'année prochaine pour connaître la suite alors que j'ai dévoré ce tome en une journée en me forçant à faire des pauses pour faire durer le plaisir. Je reste super Fan et je recommande chaudement
 « THE ULTIMATE POWER SERIES. »

 
TEGAN'S BLOOD BY L.H COSWAY
THE ULTIMATE POWER SERIES
BOOK 1

http://newbooksonmyselves.blogspot.fr/2012/02/tegans-blood-by-lh-cosway.html

If you want to catch up on Tegan's adventures, L.H Cosway will propose a 3 days giveaway of « Tegan's Blood » on Amazon from May 2nd – 4th. 

Believe me, you will not be dissapointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive